Procrastination is the Biggest Impediment to Achieving Goals
When it comes to finances and planning most people tend to put off today what they think they can accomplish tomorrow. The problem is everything becomes more costly when you wait. The cost of your financial goals goes up each day you fail to save towards them. The cost of debt increases when you decide to just make the minimum payment. The cost of waiting can soon put your financial goals out of reach.
People procrastinate for many different reasons. They may have a fear of failure or they may feel overwhelmed by all of the things they need to accomplish. Most people just think that there is always more time. But, time is a diminishing resource, and it is also your most valuable resource.
Stop procrastinating by taking these steps:
- Admit you have a problem. Face your procrastination as if it were a bad addiction and resolve to overcome it.
- Set realistic goals and establish meaningful, short-term benchmarks for achieving them.
- Visualize the outcome to realize the benefits of achieving your goal.
- Eliminate your obstacles. If a lack of knowledge is holding you back, dedicate the first part of your plan to educating yourself on the things you need to get started.
- Develop a positive attitude. It’s the common thread in all successful people.
- Take action